The ACCOUNT MANAGER is a primary link between our clients and the agency, responsible for maintaining a tight relationship with specific accounts, identifying needs and selling Agency services and talents to meet those needs. The ACCOUNT MANAGER, is a key day-to-day agency representative to the client and maintains a highly responsive service orientation in all transactions. They must be knowledgeable in both the client’s business and the agency’s business, expanding their skill set during the time in this role.
ACCOUNT MANAGER KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Primary liaison between the client and the agency, marshalling agency resources to meet client needs.
- Communicate and respond to opportunities to provide agency services to a wide range of clients
- Collaborate internally as well as with clients to conceptualize and execute creative solutions that can be translated across various media platforms
- Keep informed on key industry and local trends and events
- Develop accurate price estimates for agency work provided to clients and manage to ensure solutions are delivered on time, and within budget
- Developing strategies and client plans, reviewing creative concepts to confirm whether they meet strategic goals, and managing expectations and communications with the client.
- Assist in managing the campaign measurement process to ensure that clients and the agency are aligned on key performance metrics, establishing realistic business goals, providing accountability through reporting and analytics, and providing optimized strategies moving forward.
- May have accounts in one specific sector (ie - mining, tourism, Indigenous) or may have a broader suite of accounts
- Assist in account planning on specific accounts and in new client acquisition
- Provide notes and briefs on client meetings and discovery to inform the creation of client work of all types; digital, web, graphic design or strategy
- Review and quality check of material before presentation to clients, and uses collaborative tools to gather client feedback.
- Seek out new clients and opportunities with existing clients.
- Educates clients on agency philosophy and processes, and sets the tone of the partnership. Helps clients define the role the agency can play in helping meet business objectives
- Liaises with other team members to provide accurate price quotes to meet client budgets while maintaining pricing guidelines
- Effectively presents, sells and explains agency work/proposals to clients; supports other client service team members in these functions
- Keeps apprised of clients’ brands/products/services/marketing developments
- Develops scopes of work detailing tactical descriptions
- Completes billing reports and invoicing for assigned accounts
- Attend meetings as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
- A business or marketing degree, together with successful agency experience in more junior, supervised account group capacities. In lieu of formal education, acceptable experience in a marketing position for more than 5 years is desired.
- Contribute to building a positive agency culture, building positive working relationships
- Strive to embrace the Company's Core Values daily
- Strong creative, organizational, problem solving and time-management skills.
- Able to adjust to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to react to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently
- Flexible during times of change
- Able to take projects from start to finish with minimal supervision
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, an aptitude for analytical thinking, a sense of entrepreneurship, strong presentation skills, personal organization, and developing interpersonal skills
- Highly organized with meticulous attention to detail
- Works well under tight deadlines
- Experience working both independently and in team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential
- Persuasive, encouraging and motivating
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including team members and clients
- Occasional overtime and travel required. May work some odd hours.
Outcrop delivers creative solutions that matter, diversity and inclusion also matter to us. We welcome diversity and inclusiveness is a fundamental element of our values. We strive to reflect the communities we serve in our team and support.